Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not Feeling Herald Love


At 9:37 pm, the MiamiHerald.com homepage featured the headline, "Obama Holds Slim Fla. lead, wins Pa." When you click on this mainstage story headline, the print plus story includes a video of Herald reporter Evan Benn "covering the election from the continuous news desk." Yet, when I played the video, Benn just provided an overview of early "glitches" discovered at some Florida voting polls which had been corrected quickly, and he encouraged people to vote before the polls closed at 7 pm. Not quite the update I expected two hours after the polls officially closed. Maybe this video could have been removed from the related links section, and replaced by a video of McCain and Obama supporters awaiting results or something a little more current? Just a thought.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my Miami Herald Breaking News text alert. I hope Shelly didn't forget about me...

No comments: